Friday, October 5, 2012

What are you expecting?

Sometimes I experience these deep reflections that get me thinking.

-How did I get here?
-What am I doing?
-Who am I becoming?

Thoughts that can easily allow the enemy to come steal, kill, and destroy if I allow doubt to trickle into my mind.

But then I am reminded of who You are. Who you say I am. Who you are calling me to be. Then the what, when, how questions of my life start to fill me with great hope and faith as I begin trusting that you have the answers to those questions.

Lately, I have been living a life guarded towards the the lover of my soul. A life filled with doubts, disappointment, pain, and little faith.

But I had a huge revelation the other day while reading Luke 5. Over and over Jesus was doing powerful and BIG things.. But there seemed to be a common theme as to why Jesus was doing these awesome things.

"But at your word I will let down the nets." Luke 5:5
"And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus." Luke 5:11
"If you are willing, you CAN heal me and make me clean.” Luke 5:12
"Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the man, “Young man, your sins are forgiven.” Luke 5:20
"So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him. Luke 5:28

Faith. We hear it all the time, but do we really believe in the power of faith?

These people had great faith and they didn't just sort of believe that Jesus was going to come through- they banked everything on it. They were sold out men of faith!

I want to be a woman of that kind of faith! Man, I deeply desire for that to be rooted in my life!

Let's be sons and daughters of the King who approach our loving and gracious Father with BIG faith believing that he wants... Let me say that again, He WANTS to do awesomely BIG things in our lives!!!

It's time to trade in our half-trusting, cautioned hearts.

It's time to start living with expectancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment